- Monday 5th March 2018, 12 midday – ecopoetry performance, Department of Management, University of Bristol
- Tuesday 14th March 2018, 7.30pm – performance of marine-themed poetry, alongside storyteller Deb Winter, Peppers, Fishguard
- Tuesday, 20th March 2018, 7.30pm – guest poet, sharing work from new collection, ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’, Write Angle, Petersfield, Hampshire
- Wednesday 21st March 2018, 7pm – ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’ poetry performance, ONCA Centre for Arts and Ecology, Brighton
- Thursday 19th April 2018, 6.30pm – launch of ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’, The Poetry Bookshop, Hay-on-Wye
- Friday, 27th April 2018, 6.30pm – ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’ performance, British Animal Studies Network event, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Thursday 31st May 2018, 7.30pm – guest poet, Words & Ears, Bradford on Avon
- Sunday, 3rd June 2018, 8pm – guest poet, Buzzwords, Cheltenham
- Friday 29th June 2018, 7.30pm – guest poet, sharing poems from ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’, Cellar Bards, Cardigan
- Tuesday 3rd July 2018, 7.30pm – guest poet, The Poetry Lounge, Ludlow
- Monday 27th August 2018, 2pm – ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’ poetry performance, part of ‘Under the Sea’ day, Oriel y Parc, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
- Thursday 6th September 2018, 7pm – ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’ poetry performance, Northumberland Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre, Druridge Bay, Northumberland
- Monday 3rd December 2018, 7pm – guest poet, Saltmarsh Poetry, Burnham Overy Staithe, Norfolk
- Sunday 9th December, 2pm – ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’ poetry performance, Norfolk Wildlife Trust’s Cley Marshes Reserve
Welcome to Susan Richardson’s website
See Susan Perform:
Susan was recently interviewed about her work by the Charter for Animal Compassion: you can read the interview here.Newsletter
- Susan’s fourth collection of poetry, Words the Turtle Taught Me, is about to be published by Cinnamon Press. Described by Philip Hoare as ‘vital, glorious, salutary’, the collection grew out of her recent residency with the Marine Conservation Society.
- Throughout 2018, Susan will be performing work from Words the Turtle Taught Me on her Thirty Coastal Readings for Thirty Threatened Species tour at venues all round the coast of the UK.
- In addition to her recent MCS residency, Susan is also currently poet-in-residence with both the global animal welfare initiative World Animal Day and the British Animal Studies Network.
Join a Course or Workshop
Susan also has a wide range of workshops on such themes as Writing the Wild and Animal Language coming up throughout the UK in 2018. Please contact Susan for further information and/or subscribe to her newsletter.