- Monday 2nd March 2020, 7.30 pm – ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’ poetry performance, Parc Slip Nature Reserve, Aberkenfig, near Bridgend
- Monday 9th March 2020, 7.30 pm – guest poet, Loose Muse, the Discovery Centre, Winchester
- Friday 24th April 2020, 6.30 pm – poetry performance, part of British Animal Studies Network residency, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Wednesday 3rd March 2021, 7.30pm – ‘Words the Turtle Taught Me’ poetry performance, South Ceredigion Widlife Trust, Cardigan
Welcome to Susan Richardson’s website
See Susan Perform:
She is represented by Charlotte Atyeo of Kingsford Campbell Literary Agency.
An interview with Susan about her work by the Charter for Animal Compassion can be found here.Newsletter
- Susan’s fourth collection of poetry, Words the Turtle Taught Me, published by Cinnamon Press in 2018, was shortlisted for the Ted Hughes Award.
- Described by Philip Hoare as ‘vital, glorious, salutary’, the collection grew out of her residency with the Marine Conservation Society.
- Throughout 2018, Susan took her multi-media Words the Turtle Taught Me poetry show to venues around the coast of the UK. She performed in arts centres and beach cafés, at universities and Wildlife Trust Visitor Centres from Aberystwyth to Edinburgh, from Cornwall to the Isle of Man. The show’s continuing to tour in 2019.
- In addition to her recent MCS residency, Susan is also currently poet-in-residence with both the global animal welfare initiative World Animal Day and the British Animal Studies Network.
Join a Workshop
Mentoring & Writing Tuition – Susan works with many writers on a private basis via email, phone and/or Skype. If you’re interested in private tuition, mentoring or manuscript appraisal, please get in touch.